مساحة إعلانية

الثلاثاء، 12 يناير 2016

الثلاثاء، 12 يناير 2016

Answer Key Unit One: Articles and Nouns

GRAMMAR & RULES & EXERCISES
COLLECTED BY"GUELLIL MABROUK"
Contents (click below links).................................pro. english/high education
I/exercises
II/answers  key
Answer Key

Unit One: Articles and Nouns

Proofreading Exercise One
Correct the errors in the use of articles and nouns in the following sentences:

1. The Bible says a person comes from the earth and has to go back to the earth.
2. In 2002, I met a person that cared about me. In 2005 he died in a car accident.
3. Whenever ___ death comes to a person, it is always a shock.
4. The poet explores in this poem the shock and deep sorrow of losing somebody you
     love.
5. Do ___ people live after death?
6. At that time, my father was a normal worker.
7. We are a small but important part of a large mosaic called life.
8. The model of family depicted in the play “The Glass Menagerie” isn’t normal.
9. Even though the mother believes she is doing good things, it produces ___ bad
    results.
10. The daughter grew up with ___ psychological problems.
11. Good friends often have the same opinions about solving problems.
12. She loved to collect ___ little glass animals.
13. Laura had a reason to be shy.
14. My sister is married and has a little baby.
15. A brother can tell you about ___ boy-girl relationships.
16. She knows the value of ___ freedom.
17. There is supposed to be one mutual goal in the life of two people.
18. It takes time to find the strength to move on.
19. I do not have the right to judge you.
20. The mother says that one day, she received seventeen gentleman callers.
21. I owe them a better future.
22. ___ brotherhood is ___ love for a brother.
23. People get married with the intention of being together for life.
24. Even though ___ marriage is challenging, when people love each other, they will find ___ ways to be
together for a lifetime.
25. The daughter was angry at her mother for forcing her to become a piano player.

Proofreading Exercise Two
Correct the errors (indicated in the margin) in the use of articles and nouns in the following paragraphs:

1) There are ___ big responsibilities that fall on a father’s shoulders with his first baby. He is the head
of a family, and he is responsible for the safety and prosperity of its members. So as a father, I would go to
work, bring money back home, and support my family. I would do almost anything to be a happy family. I
would walk the dog on a rainy day, because my child was interested in having a pet at home. On the
weekends we as a whole family would travel upstate and go camping for a couple nights. We would do ___
rock climbing, hiking, fishing and rafting there. I would introduce my child to wildlife and teach him how to treat
it with care. I would move away from the industrial, polluted and very noisy city to a better, calm, fresh, nice
and historical neighborhood, preferably near the water. We would also go to the city’s museums, galleries
and performances because I would want my child to be a well educated and interesting person.

2) I have heard people say that the mother is a very important person in a family because she always
does all the housework and takes care of the children, such as washing clothes, cooking food, teaching the
children to do ___ homework, and controlling the behavior of the children. About this point, I strongly agree
with that, but how about the father? I think the father was always ignored in families because he likes to keep
quiet and rarely shares his feelings with the children, so most children are closer with their mothers than with
their fathers. However, it doesn’t mean the father is not very important.

3) I have a younger sister. She is thirteen now, eleven years younger than me. I was eleven when my
sister was born, and to tell you the truth, I hated her at the beginning. I was the only child in the family for
eleven years. Also I was the first granddaughter for my grandparents, and the first niece for all my uncles and
aunts. I was a very spoiled child. My mom and dad did everything for me. I had all that a child could possibly
wish for. But not only my parents, my grandparents spoiled me too. Also, my uncle, who didn’t have kids of his
own at the time, spoiled me a lot. He bought me ___ presents almost every week: ___ expensive toys and
clothes. Also, he took me to ___ parks, cafes, movie theaters. Of course, by the time I turned eleven, I got
used to the idea that I would get whatever I would ask for.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لــ DZOFFERS 2017 ©