مساحة إعلانية

الثلاثاء، 12 يناير 2016

الثلاثاء، 12 يناير 2016

Answer KeyUnit Five: Conditional Sentences

Answer Key
Unit Five: Conditional Sentences
Proofreading Exercise
Correct the errors in the use of articles, nouns and verbs (indicated in the margin) in the following essay:

I know I am a girl and I am 23 years old, which means I cannot be a father but can be a mother. But I
wonder what kind of father I would be if I were born as a boy. I wonder how it feels to be a father.
When the first child is born, probably both parents experience the same feeling - happiness. This
exciting moment probably is unforgettable for the rest of their lives: “Alleluya, and now we are three in the
family!” A mother would think about necessary stuff that they did not buy yet: a carriage, diapers, swaddling
cloths, and so on, while a father probably would dream how he and his son would go fishing and talk about
men’s stuff. If I were a father, I would fantasize how we would buy the first bike and I would teach him
how to ride it; I would buy lots of toys, tons of toys; I would see his first grades and we would do
homework together; we would have a serious adult talk when he grew up and met his new girlfriend; I
would give him the keys to our family mini-van for a night so he could go to a disco. And as I would try to
be a good father, I would let my child have all this enjoyment.
Then there are also the big responsibilities that fall on a father’s shoulders with their first baby. He is
the head of a family, and he is responsible for the safety and prosperity of its members. So I would go to
work, bring money back home and support my family. I would do almost anything to be a happy family (except
cleaning the house and doing the laundry). I would walk the dog on a rainy day, if my child were interested in
having a pet at home. On the weekends we as a whole family would travel upstate and go camping for a
couple nights. We would do ___ rock climbing, hiking, fishing, and rafting there. I would introduce my child
to wildlife and teach him how to treat it with care. I did not mention, if I were a father, I would move away from
the industrial, polluted and very noisy city to a better, calm, fresh, nice and historical neighborhood, preferably
near the water. Yes, that is my dream if I would be a father … We also would go to the city’s museums,
galleries, and performances because I would want my child to be a well educated and interesting person. At
an early age, I would introduce him to different hobbies: swimming, painting, basketball, singing, and
sculpture. It would be very important to show him how many fascinating things are out there. And it would be
essential to do this at an early age because he could not refuse it yet. Then my child would grow up to be
a wise and clever person who would succeed in his future. And I would be proud of him.
Maybe it is interesting to be a father and experience different feelings than a mother. Who knows? But
I will be a mother. My brother will be a father. And we both will try to do our best in the education of our
children. It will happen sometime in the future. But now, I think I will go and call my family and tell them how
much I love them.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لــ DZOFFERS 2017 ©